BOARD OF DIRECTORS
583 SAN YSIDRO ROAD, MONTECITO, CALIFORNIA
AT 2:00 P.M., TUESDAY, APRIL 20, 1999
- CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL.
- PUBLIC FORUM. (Any member of the public may address and ask
questions of the Board relating to any matter within the Boards jurisdiction not on
- CONSENT AGENDA - Approved or Accepted by Vote on One Motion
Unless Board Member Requests Separate Consideration.
a. Minutes of March 16 and March 19, 1999 Board meetings.
b. Water Production Report for March 1999.
c. Water Sales Reports for March 1999.
d. Water Works Operation Report for March 1999.
e. Investment of District Funds.
f. Payment of Bills.
g. District Cashflow Report for February 1999.
h. Report on Distribution System and Fire Flow Upgrade Program and Water Availability
i. Local Water Awareness Month Campaign.
j. Notice Regarding Proposed Resolution Relative to Exemption From
Proposition 4 Spending Limitations.
k. Letter from Carpinteria Valley Water District to Bureau of Reclamation Regarding
Seismic Analysis of Ortega Reservoir.
- ACTIVITIES OF MONTECITO ASSOCIATION. (For information.)
- AWARD OF BID FOR ORTEGA HILL ROAD MAIN REPLACEMENT. (For
bid opening at 1:00 p.m. Recommendation will be delivered to Board meeting.
- AWARD OF BID FOR HIGHLINE RELOCATION AT 1364 EAST MOUNTAIN
DRIVE. (for Board action.)
- REQUEST FROM MONTECITO ASSOCIATION FOR DISTRICT INFORMATION.
(For Board action.)
- PROPOSED QUITCLAIM OF WELL SITE AGREEMENT, EASEMENT AND
WATER RIGHTS - 1419 WYANT ROAD. (For Board action.)
- POLICY RELATIVE TO ENCROACHMENTS ON DISTRICT RIGHTS OF WAY.
(For information and possible Board action.)
- STATUS OF UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANK PROJECT. (For Board
- REQUEST OF MONTECITO ASSOCIATION TO PROVIDE WATER FOR
LANDSCAPING AT SAN YSIDRO ROAD AND NORTH JAMESON LANE. (For Board action.)
- REVISED CHALLENGE COST SHARE AGREEMENT WITH U.S. FOREST
SERVICE. (For Board approval.)
- PUBLIC HEARING ON PROPOSED ORDINANCE NO. 82 ESTABLISHING
DISTRICT RULES AND REGULATIONS. (For public input.) Note: No action will be taken at this
meeting, but will be scheduled for May 18, 1999.
- DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT. (For Board action.)
- DISTRICT COMMENTS ON THE DRAFT TORO CANYON PLAN. (For Board
- VERBAL REPORTS ON MEETINGS. (For information.)
a. Cachuma Conservation Release Board Meeting of March 22,
b. Cachuma Operation and Maintenance Board Meeting of March 22, 1999.
c. Special Districts LAFCO Representation Election Meeting and Special Districts
Association Meeting of March 22, 1999.
d. Central Coast Water Authority Meeting of March 25, 1999.
e. ACWA Board of Directors Meeting of March 26, 1999.
f. ACWA Region 5 Meeting of March 29, 1999.
g. LAFCO Meeting of April 8, 1999.
- COMMITTEE REPORTS. (For information.)
a. Operations Committee.
b. Finance Committee.
c. Public Information Committee.
d. Water Marketing Committee.
e. Ad Hoc Search Committee.
- REQUESTS FROM DIRECTORS FOR ITEMS OTHER THAN REGULAR AGENDA
ITEMS TO BE INCLUDED ON NEXT BOARD MEETING. (Next Board meeting scheduled for May 18,
- CLOSED SESSION:
a. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR PURSUANT TO
GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 54956.8 REGARDING BUELL RESERVOIR PROPERTY.
b. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT
CODE SECTION 54956.9(c) (1 Case).
Note: This agenda was posted at the Montecito Water
front counter and outside front wall at 3:00 p.m. on
April 16, 1999.
The Americans With Disabilities Act provides that no
qualified individual with a disability shall be excluded from participation in, or denied
the benefits of, the Districts programs, services or activities because of any
If you need special assistance to participate in this
meeting, please contact the District Office at (805) 969-2271. Notification at least
twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting will enable the District to make appropriate
©1998 Montecito Water District
Web design by Infospec.net