Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Your Water
Please note that water service is not affected.
You can drink and use tap water as usual.
Need Guidance for Reopening Buildings?
Award Winning District!
The Special District Leadership Foundation (SDLF) has awarded the Transparency Certificate of Excellence to Montecito Water District in recognition of its outstanding efforts to promote transparency and good governance.
- Public Outreach Regarding Copper in Customer Tap WaterMontecito Water District is providing this update to customers regarding water quality and copper testing. Please click here for additional information and frequently asked questions and answers.
- Lead and Copper Testing Program Update
Montecito Water District participates in a lead and copper testing program in accordance with the State of California’s Lead and Copper Rule. The purpose of the program is to monitor for lead and copper at customer taps since household plumbing is the most common source of lead and copper in drinking water. Through its involvement in the program, the District has become aware of an elevated copper reading at one property out of thirty seven participating properties in Montecito. The District is currently working with the property owner to determine the cause and performing additional testing to confirm that this issue is an isolated occurrence and does not exist at other locations. Tests performed to date demonstrate that water provided by the District to its customers meets all primary and secondary drinking water standards.
- Coronavirus (COVID 19) and Your Water
Our top priority to is to keep employees, partners, contractors and vendors safe and healthy so we can continue to serve our customers. We have adapted some business practices for pandemic prevention and response. Click here for more information.
- Quarterly Water Supply Update
Updated October, 2020. A summary report for the District, provided by the General Manager.
- Rainfall & Reservoir Data
- Sustainable Management of Montecito Groundwater Basin
Groundwater is a vital component of our local water supply. Click here to learn more about SGMA.
- Conservation is a California Way of Life
What does this mean for District residents? Keep track of usage with weekly meter reads and promptly address any water waste causes or concerns. Choose no or low-irrigation landscaping that is appropriate for Montecito’s natural environment and that can withstand cyclical droughts. Find more water saving tips here.
- Ready Santa Barbara County
- Montecito Water District Supports Approval of State Water Project Contract Amendments WITHOUT County’s Conditions Montecito Water District has provided a letter of request to Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors for consideration at their upcoming hearing on Tuesday of…
- 2020: A Year in Review
- Here’s to the Next Fifty Years! City of Santa Barbara and Montecito Water District Sign Water Supply Agreement (SANTA BARBARA, CA – October 20, 2020) October 21, 2020 is National “Imagine a Day Without Water” Day. Here on the South Coast, it will…
- Important Message: Your 2019 Consumer Confidence Report is Now Available Online
- Transparency Certificate of Excellence Awarded to Montecito Water District (September 18, 2019) Santa Barbara, CA — The Montecito Water District received the District Transparency Certificate of Excellence from the Special District Leadership Foundation…
- Springing into Action! Rain, Contests, Improvements and More!
- Quick Hack for Water Savings
- Public Outreach Regarding Copper in Customer Tap Water
- Public Outreach Regarding Copper in Customer Tap Water Montecito Water District is providing this update to customers regarding water quality and copper testing. These are the top 3 things for customers to know:…