Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Your Water
Please note that water service is not affected.
You can drink and use tap water as usual.
Need Guidance for Reopening Buildings?
Award Winning District!
The Special District Leadership Foundation (SDLF) has awarded the Transparency Certificate of Excellence to Montecito Water District in recognition of its outstanding efforts to promote transparency and good governance.
- Public Outreach Regarding Copper in Customer Tap WaterMontecito Water District is providing this update to customers regarding water quality and copper testing. Please click here for additional information and frequently asked questions and answers.
- Lead and Copper Testing Program Update
Montecito Water District participates in a lead and copper testing program in accordance with the State of California’s Lead and Copper Rule. The purpose of the program is to monitor for lead and copper at customer taps since household plumbing is the most common source of lead and copper in drinking water. Through its involvement in the program, the District has become aware of an elevated copper reading at one property out of thirty seven participating properties in Montecito. The District is currently working with the property owner to determine the cause and performing additional testing to confirm that this issue is an isolated occurrence and does not exist at other locations. Tests performed to date demonstrate that water provided by the District to its customers meets all primary and secondary drinking water standards.
- Coronavirus (COVID 19) and Your Water
Our top priority to is to keep employees, partners, contractors and vendors safe and healthy so we can continue to serve our customers. We have adapted some business practices for pandemic prevention and response. Click here for more information.
- Quarterly Water Supply Update
Updated October, 2020. A summary report for the District, provided by the General Manager.
- Rainfall & Reservoir Data
- Sustainable Management of Montecito Groundwater Basin
Groundwater is a vital component of our local water supply. Click here to learn more about SGMA.
- Conservation is a California Way of Life
What does this mean for District residents? Keep track of usage with weekly meter reads and promptly address any water waste causes or concerns. Choose no or low-irrigation landscaping that is appropriate for Montecito’s natural environment and that can withstand cyclical droughts. Find more water saving tips here.
- Ready Santa Barbara County
- Public Outreach Regarding Copper in Customer Tap Water Montecito Water District is providing this update to customers regarding water quality and copper testing. These are the top 3 things for customers to know:…
- Lead and Copper Testing Program Update Montecito Water District participates in a lead and copper testing program in accordance with the State of California’s Lead and Copper Rule. The purpose of…
- Here’s to the Next Fifty Years! City of Santa Barbara and Montecito Water District Sign Water Supply Agreement (SANTA BARBARA, CA – October 20, 2020) October 21, 2020 is National “Imagine a Day Without Water” Day. Here on the South Coast, it will…
- July 2020 Customer Mailing – Bill Insert Click on the images above to enlarge or Click here to download PDF
- Important Message: Your 2019 Consumer Confidence Report is Now Available Online
- New Rates, New Reliability, & Ongoing Customer Appreciation
- Montecito Water District Completes its Part of the “DeSal Deal” and Adopts New Rates (Santa Barbara, California. June 25, 2020) Montecito Water District’s Board of Directors approved the Water Supply Agreement between the District and the City of…
- Presentation, Rate Calculator, Meetings This Week…
- Montecito Water District Poised to be Drought-Proof by Summer with Desalination and New Rates (Santa Barbara, California. April 27, 2020) Montecito Water District’s Board of Directors will hold its regular monthly meeting tomorrow as scheduled. The agenda includes…
- April 2020 Customer Mailing – Bill Insert Click on the images above to enlarge or Click here to download PDF
- Coronavirus (COVID 19) and Your Water COVID-19 Information Page Guidance for Reopening Buildings For any buildings that will be re-occupied after a prolonged absence or water use interruption, here are some important tips: •…
- Transparency Certificate of Excellence Awarded to Montecito Water District (September 18, 2019) Santa Barbara, CA — The Montecito Water District received the District Transparency Certificate of Excellence from the Special District Leadership Foundation…
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: HOT SPRINGS ROAD WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Montecito Water District is seeking proposals from qualified contractors to replace pipeline and related infrastructure on Hot Springs Road. This Request…
- MWD Highlights 2020: A Year in Review Click on the images above to enlarge or Click here to download PDF
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: WATER MAIN REPAIRS AT FERNALD POINT LANE BRIDGE REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Montecito Water District is seeking proposals from qualified contractors to replace pipeline and related infrastructure on Fernald Point Lane at the…