Award Winning District!
The Special District Leadership Foundation (SDLF) has awarded the Transparency Certificate of Excellence to Montecito Water District in recognition of its outstanding efforts to promote transparency and good governance.
- Quarterly Water Supply Update
Updated October, 2019. A summary report for the District, provided by the General Manager.
- Rainfall & Reservoir Data
- Sustainable Management of Montecito Groundwater Basin
Groundwater is a vital component of our local water supply. Click here to learn more about SGMA.
- Conservation is a California Way of Life
What does this mean for District residents? Keep track of usage with weekly meter reads and promptly address any water waste causes or concerns. Choose no or low-irrigation landscaping that is appropriate for Montecito’s natural environment and that can withstand cyclical droughts. Find more water saving tips here.
- Ready Santa Barbara County
- Notice of Intent to Adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration and Notice of Public Meeting NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Montecito Water District (MWD), acting as the Lead Agency under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), intends to adopt a…
- Montecito Neighbors Magazine THANKFUL FOR EVERY DROP: MONTECITO WATER DISTRICT DELIVERS OUR MOST PRECIOUS RESOURCE By Sarah Ettman-Sterner Thanksgiving is coming and as we enter into the 2019…
- Montecito Water District Reports on the Rate Study, Recycled Water and More RATE STUDY UPDATE: After numerous committee meetings, the Board of Directors took its first look at draft rate scenarios this week. The presentation from…
- Montecito Union School Receives Certificate of Recognition from Montecito Water District for Water Conservation, Efficiency and Stewardship Montecito Union School has received a Certificate of Recognition for valuable contributions towards water efficiency, conservation and stewardship from Montecito Water District. This award recognizes…
- Transparency Certificate of Excellence Awarded to Montecito Water District (September 18, 2019) Santa Barbara, CA — The Montecito Water District received the District Transparency Certificate of Excellence from the Special District Leadership Foundation…
- First Meeting of the Montecito Groundwater Basin GSA (Groundwater Sustainability Agency): Calling all Well Owners and Interested Parties for Future Participation (Santa Barbara, California, April 30, 2019) The Montecito Groundwater Basin GSA met Monday, April 29 for the first time. The GSA's function will be to…
- New Year, New Meters and More
- Rates, Recycling, Thanksgiving and More