Schedule a Free Water Efficiency Check-Up Today! Call 805.969.2271
Our Conservation Coordinator will come to your home - or meet with you virtually - and help you learn how to reduce your water usage.
Goal: 20% Reduction in Water Use
Extreme Drought Conditions are here - Let's get water use back on budget with voluntary conservation!
All Staff. All Vaccinated.
All Committed to Providing a Reliable Supply of Water to our Community 24/7/365
- Public Outreach Regarding Copper in Customer Tap WaterMontecito Water District is providing this update to customers regarding water quality and copper testing. Please click here for additional information and frequently asked questions and answers.
- Coronavirus (COVID 19) and Your Water
Our top priority to is to keep employees, partners, contractors and vendors safe and healthy so we can continue to serve our customers. We have adapted some business practices for pandemic prevention and response. Click here for more information.
- Quarterly Water Supply Update
Updated January, 2022. A summary report for the District, provided by the General Manager.
- Rainfall & Reservoir Data
- Sustainable Management of Montecito Groundwater Basin
Groundwater is a vital component of our local water supply. Click here to learn more about SGMA.
- Conservation is a California Way of Life
What does this mean for District residents? Keep track of usage with weekly meter reads and promptly address any water waste causes or concerns. Choose no or low-irrigation landscaping that is appropriate for Montecito’s natural environment and that can withstand cyclical droughts. Find more water saving tips here.
- Ready Santa Barbara County
- 2021 Annual Drinking Water Consumer Confidence Report now available online Montecito Water District is pleased to provide the Annual Drinking Water Consumer Confidence Report. This report explains where your water comes from, provides information…
- On the Table: Recycled Water for Montecito Montecito Water District (MWD) and Montecito Sanitary District (MSD) Strategic Planning Committees met jointly last month for updates on two collaborative projects that are being…
- “Here Now!” Montecito Water District’s 5-Year Strategic Plan and “There When You Need It,” Drinking Water Week, May 1-7, 2022 "There When You Need It," the theme of this year's National Drinking Water Week, is apropos for Montecito Water District-currently celebrating its 100th Year of…
- Plans, Pipelines, & Rain!
- February 2022 Customer Mailing Customer Mailing February 2022 Page 1 Customer Mailing February 2022 Page 2 DESAL DELIVERED! & "KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON" WATER USE ON BUDGET Click Images…
- 100 Years! A Reliable Supply Since 1921
- Montecito Water and Sanitary Districts Team Up Strategic Planning Committee members from Montecito Water District (MWD) and Montecito Sanitary District (MSD) held their fourth Joint Committee meeting this year, focusing on Recycled…
- Montecito Water District Seeks 20% Reduction in Customer Water Use Prompted by statewide extreme drought conditions and an increase in customer usage that is trending over budget, Montecito Water District has set a goal of…
- Distribution Superintendent Daniel Rodriguez Retires after 38 Years of Service Daniel Rodriguez began employment with the Montecito Water District in July, 1983 and has gone the distance for a full thirty-eight years-to retirement in…
- Voluntary Conservation Called for as Drought Conditions Place Extra Demand on Water Supply Yesterday the Governor called for 15% voluntary reduction in water use across California, and included Santa Barbara County in the expanded regional drought state of…
- 2020 Annual Drinking Water Consumer Confidence Report Now Available Online We no longer mail the annual report in an effort to reduce costs and environmental impacts. If you would like to receive a printed…
- Montecito Water District Meets State Planning Deadlines, Urges Customers to Ramp Up Voluntary Conservation With one eye on necessary planning for drought resilience and the other on potential future funding opportunities, Montecito Water District's Board of Directors voted…
- June 2021 Customer Mailing Click Images to Enlarge
- May 2021 Customer Mailing Annual Rate Increase to be reflected on August Invoice ; Drought and the Need for Voluntary Conservation
- MWD Highlights 2020: A Year in Review Click on the images above to enlarge or Click here to download PDF
- Here’s to the Next Fifty Years! City of Santa Barbara and Montecito Water District Sign Water Supply Agreement (SANTA BARBARA, CA – October 20, 2020) October 21, 2020 is National “Imagine a Day Without Water” Day. Here on the South Coast, it will…
- Transparency Certificate of Excellence Awarded to Montecito Water District (September 18, 2019) Santa Barbara, CA — The Montecito Water District received the District Transparency Certificate of Excellence from the Special District Leadership Foundation…
- Today 4pm – Water Topics with Montecito Association
- Cinco Water Savings