Landscaping – Outdoor Tips
More than 75% of All Water used by District Customers is Used Outdoors
Your Landscape is the Best Place to Focus Your Water Conservation Efforts
Five Easy Ways to Save Water Outdoors Every Day
- Equip all hoses with shut-off nozzles and use drip irrigation systems.
- Adjust sprinklers so that they don’t water the sidewalk, street, or create runoff.
- Don’t over-water landscaping.
- Place mulch around plants to reduce evaporation and discourage weeds.
- Use a pool cover to cut down on water evaporation.